Meeting with San Diego Business LeadersApril 26, 2013
Last week, I was pleased to speak at the San Diego Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Congressional Luncheon and Panel. Along with my San Diego Congressional colleagues, I answered questions about the most pressing issues before Congress and discussed issues vital to Southern California job creation, including:
- Moving toward a balanced federal budget;
- Immigration reform;
- Keeping an eye on how the Administration is implementing sequestration;
- San Ysidro Port of Entry, the Keystone Pipeline and the need to explore domestic projects that will further our economic health;
- Entitlement reform as a top priority for getting our fiscal house in order; and,
- The need for policies coming out of Washington to create jobs, reduce federal red tape and encourage small business growth.
For more on my efforts on putting Americans back to work and making our nation globally competitive, please click here.