Congressman Issa to Host Districtwide Vietnam Veteran Recognition Events
“These veterans deserve the thanks of a grateful nation they were denied many years ago”
July 30, 2021
San Marcos, CA – Today, Congressman Darrell Issa (CA-50) announced he will host three upcoming Vietnam Veteran Commemoration and Service Pinning events August 2, 3 and 4.
Congressman Issa said: “As it is nearly 50 years since the conclusion of the Vietnam War era, this is an ideal time for Americans to unite in the cause of recognizing in a unique way the valor and commitment of Vietnam-era veterans. The truth is that many of our Vietnam veterans did not receive the thanks of a grateful nation years ago. We’re honored to help make that right.”
All Vietnam veterans in the 50th District of California, or a loved one on behalf of the veteran, are encouraged to register for service recognition here first.
The three recognition events in San Diego and Riverside County to be hosted by the Office of Congressman Darrell Issa are:
- Monday, August 2: 10-11am Temecula Civic Center, 41000 Main St, Temecula
- Tuesday, August 3: 10-11am California Center for the Arts, 340 N Escondido
- Wednesday, August 4: 10-11am Ronald Reagan Community Center, 195 E Douglas Ave, El Cajon
RSVP to attend one of the August ceremonies:
- August 2 in Temecula Register Here
- August 3 in Escondido Register Here
- August 4 in El Cajon Register Here
As established by the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration Program, Vietnam Era Eligibility refers to an individual who served in the U.S. military between November 1st, 1955, and May 15th, 1975.
Congressman Darrell Issa is a U.S. Army veteran representing the 50th Congressional District of California.