Rep. Darrell Issa Announces 2021 Congressional Art Competition
San Marcos – Congressman Darrell Issa (CA-50) announced the 2021 Congressional Art Competition for high school students living in or attending school in California’s 50th District.
“I encourage high-school students throughout the 50th District to share their artistic creations in this annual competition, where the winning entry will be proudly displayed in a U.S. Capitol exhibit in Washington, D.C. for visitors around the world to view. I’m always amazed by the extraordinary talents of these young artists, and I am sure this year will be no different,” Issa shared.
Electronic submissions are due to the Office of Congressman Issa by 4pm PT April 16, 2021.
Artwork entered in the contest may be up to 26 inches high by 26 inches wide, up to 4 inches in depth and should not weigh more than 15 pounds.
Accepted mediums for the two-dimensional artwork are as follows:
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
- Collages - must be two dimensional
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen, and block prints
- Mixed Media - use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-generated art
For complete details and submission instructions, please visit issa.house.gov or click here.